UPDATED November 15
Tzedakah Committee Box Exchange
November 30 - December 3 from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Beth Emet Tzedakah Committee is pleased to announce that we have scheduled a Tzedakah Box exchange for the week of November 30 (Monday-Thursday) from 9:00 am-2:00 pm. The drop-off location will be at Beth Emet just inside the new, west-side entrance of the building off of the parking lot. You can hand your tzedakah box to Shlomit through the window for a contactless exchange and take a new box from the table in the vestibule. Alternatively, you can contribute directly to the Tzedakah Fund by credit card or through your Beth Emet account. Just visit the Beth Emet Tzedakah Page and click on "Donate directly to the Tzedakah Fund here."
As always, the contributions received are used exclusively to fund our grant program for the benefit of local and Israeli not-for-profits whose missions align with Beth Emet's social justice core values of righteousness/justice, love of one's neighbors and for the stranger, compassion, kindness, and hospitality. For more information about the Tzedakah Grant program, please view our Tzedakah page or contact committee chair, Barry Isaacson by email or by phone at 847-624-6434.
Connections for the Homeless Gift of Giving Program
Gift of Giving! supporters get matched with participants to fulfill their holiday wish lists. The gifts participants receive through this program are often the only present they will receive this holiday season. Help spread some holiday cheer and sign up today
. People can expect to spend approximately $50 per participant. Wrapped gifts are returned to 2121 Dewey by December 12.
Winter Accessory Drive For The Soup Kitchen Guests - through December 7
During November & early December, the Beth Emet Soup Kitchen is holding a Winter New Accessory Drive in place of its yearly Winter Coat Drive. Due to the pandemic, Soup Kitchen guests may not enter the building or try on coats so we will instead be collecting & distributing NEW ADULT SIZE hats, gloves, mittens, scarves and hand warmers. All donated items should be unused and good quality - please no Dollar Store acrylic items as they do not keep fingers warm. Large men’s sizes are preferred. Collecting now through December 7. Your generosity is most appreciated!
Any Questions? Reach out to Leslie Shulruff
Easy drop off in bins at these locations:
- Beth Emet: Outside of the West Doors off the Parking Lot (Monday-Friday 9:00-6:00 pm)
- Donna and Ben Wolf's: Front Porch- 1132 Grant St, Evanston (Anytime)
- Leslie and Stuart Shulruff's: Front Porch- 1140 Forest Ave, Evanston (Anytime)
Bake for the Soup Kitchen
If you’re looking for something worthwhile to do at home, why not bake desserts for Beth Emet’s Soup Kitchen? We won’t use them right away, however, if you freeze them, we promise to use them at a later date. Please help us by following some simple guidelines:
- Bakers need to be healthy and wear gloves
- We prefer cookies, brownies and other individual treats. No cakes or pies, please
- No nuts, please!
- Please put desserts in freezer bags and label with the date, the contents and the # of pieces.
- If you can store them in your home freezer, that’s great. If not, please contact Leslie and she can arrange to freeze them at Beth Emet.
- Once you’ve baked, please send a note to to let us know how many pieces you have. We will be in touch when we’re ready to re-open and serve your goodies.
See a comprehensive guide to meal resources, donation and volunteer opportunities and more in our area.