Beth Emet is proud to have in its possession a sacred Holocaust Torah #1443 from Praha-Pinkas. It was originally at Temple Judea Mizpah since 1967/68. The Sefer Torah is one of the 1564 Czech Memorial Sifre Torah which formed part of the treasurers which were saved by being collected in Prague during the Nazi occupation from 1939-1945 from the desolated Jewish communities of Bohemia, Moravia, and Silesia. The Scrolls were acquired with the help of good friends from Artia for Westminster Synagogue, where they arrived on February 7th, 1964. This Torah is proudly displayed in our Sanctuary and is used at every Bnei Mitzvah ceremony where it is passed Dor L’dor, from Generation to Generation.
This Scroll is on permanent loan from the Memorial Scrolls Trust in London.