Below is a list of Beth Emet's General Operating Funds. Donations can be made to any of the funds, and it is a wonderful way in which to honor or remember an individual. For more information, please see Ways to Give. For a complete listing of the Beth Emet Foundation Funds, please see List of Funds.
- Discretionary Funds
Rabbi Andrea London’s Discretionary Fund
Rabbi Peter Knobel’s Discretionary Fund
Cantor Susan Lewis Friedman’s Discretionary Fund
Director of Lifelong Learning Discretionary Fund
Executive Director’s Discretionary Fund
- Adult Education Fund - to support the Adult Education program
- Sophie and Richard Badesch Memorial Fund - to purchase books for the library
- Beth Emet Soup Kitchen Fund - to provide funds for feeding the hungry at Beth Emet on Wednesday evenings
- Chevra Kadisha Fund - the Progressive Chevra Kadisha is a joint partnership with four other synagogues guided by the principles of kavod hamet (honoring the deceased) and nichum aveh
- Choir Fund - to support the ongoing work of the Beth Emet Volunteer Choir
- Early Childhood Equipment Fund - for purchase of equipment for the Early Childhood program
- Early Childhood Scholarship Fund - to assist families with tuition for the Early Childhood program
- Bruce Gordon Library Fund - to purchase books for the library in memory of Bruce Gordon
- Happy Day Fund - to support Beth Emet The Free Synagogue
- Israel/ARZA Fund - the Association for the Reform Zionists of America supports Reform values in Israel and enhance Beth Emet's relationship with Israel
- Kahal Shabbat Fund -to support the Kahal Shabbat Morning service which meets weekly at 9:30 a.m. in the Weiner Room.
- Kol Emet - to support the effort of making Beth Emet a center for Jewish music in the Chicago area
- Memorial Fund - in memory of a recent loss
- Mitzvah Appeal - to support the congregation's annual campaign
- Music Fund - to assist Beth Emet's music program
- Ozerim - to provide support for those in the congregation in need of healing
- Prayerbook/Torah Commentary Fund - for the purchase of the Mishkan T’filah Siddur or the purchase of the revised Plaut Torah Commentary for our various services
- Harvey J. Rice Camp Scholarship Fund - to support scholarships for Beth Emet students to attend Jewish camps
- Shabbat Connection (Ozerim) – As part of our Ozerim program, contributions support the making and delivery of weekly Shabbat dinners to a member of the Beth Emet community in need of a warm Shabbat meal.
- Shabbat Minyan Fund - to support the Shabbat Morning Minyan which meets weekly at 9:30 a.m. in the Minyan Room.
- Simferopol Partnership Fund - to provide a vibrant Jewish Community in Simferopol, Ukraine
- Speedy Recovery Fund - to support Beth Emet The Free Synagogue
- Tzedakah Fund - to provide grant money to support causes, organizations and projects promoting justice, equality and social well-being
- Tzur Hadassah Fund - to support our sister community, Kehilat Tzur Hadassah in Israel
- Yad Torah Fund (to repair and replace Torahs) - for the repair of our Torah scrolls
- Yahrzeit Fund - in memory of a loved one