Below is a list of Beth Emet's General Operating Funds. Donations can be made to any of the funds, and it is a wonderful way in which to honor or remember an individual. For more information, please see Ways to Give. For a complete listing of the Beth Emet Foundation Funds, please see List of Funds.
- Discretionary Funds
Rabbi Andrea London’s Discretionary Fund
Rabbi Peter Knobel’s Discretionary Fund
Cantor Susan Lewis Friedman’s Discretionary Fund
Director of Lifelong Learning Discretionary Fund
Executive Director’s Discretionary Fund
- Adult Education Fund - to support the Adult Education program
- Sophie and Richard Badesch Memorial Fund - to purchase books for the library
- Beth Emet Soup Kitchen Fund - to provide funds for feeding the hungry at Beth Emet on Wednesday evenings
- Chevra Kadisha Fund - the Progressive Chevra Kadisha is a joint partnership with four other synagogues guided by the principles of kavod hamet (honoring the deceased) and nichum aveh
- Choir Music Fund - to support the ongoing work of the Beth Emet Volunteer Choir
- Early Childhood Equipment Fund - for purchase of equipment for the Early Childhood program
- Early Childhood Scholarship Fund - to assist families with tuition for the Early Childhood program
- Bruce Gordon Library Fund - to purchase books for the library in memory of Bruce Gordon
- Happy Day Fund - to support Beth Emet The Free Synagogue
- Israel/ARZA Fund - the Association for the Reform Zionists of America supports Reform values in Israel and enhance Beth Emet's relationship with Israel
- Kahal Shabbat Fund -to support the Kahal Shabbat Morning service which meets weekly at 9:30 a.m. in the Weiner Room.
- Kol Emet - to support the effort of making Beth Emet a center for Jewish music in the Chicago area
- Memorial Fund - in memory of a recent loss
- Mitzvah Appeal - to support the congregation's annual campaign
- Monoberg Family Fund - General support for Beth Emet Synagogue
- Shabbat Connections (Ozerim) - to provide support for those in the congregation in need of healing
- Prayer Book/Torah Commentary Fund - for the purchase of the Mishkan T’filah Siddur or the purchase of the revised Plaut Torah Commentary for our various services
- Harvey J. Rice Camp Scholarship Fund - to support scholarships for Beth Emet students to attend Jewish camps
- Shabbat Connection (Ozerim) – As part of our Ozerim program, contributions support the making and delivery of weekly Shabbat dinners to a member of the Beth Emet community in need of a warm Shabbat meal.
- Shabbat Minyan Fund - to support the Shabbat Morning Minyan which meets weekly at 9:30 a.m. in the Minyan Room
- Speedy Recovery Fund - to support Beth Emet The Free Synagogue
- Tzedakah Fund - to provide grant money to support causes, organizations and projects promoting justice, equality, and social well-being
- Tzur Hadassah Fund - to support our sister community, Kehilat Tzur Hadassah in Israel
- World Union for Progressive Judaism Fund (WUPJ) is an international umbrella organization of the Reform, Liberal, Progressive and Reconstructionist movements, serving 1,200 congregations with 1.8 million members in more than 50 countries.
- Yad Torah Fund (to repair and replace Torahs) - for the repair of our Torah scrolls
- Yahrzeit Fund - in memory of a loved one